Since its origins in 1957, GURUTZPE has designed, built, and serviced more than 6,000 custom horizontal lathes for the most diverse and demanding industrial applications. The company thrives on being a European technology benchmark in advanced horizontal turning solutions, with emphasis on “turnkey” projects.
GLURUTZPE GLX models combine inverted “V” guide technology in a single machine with the traditional sliding configuration.
The machine has 4+1 guides in two separate areas, one for the tool carriage and another for the tailstock centre and steady rests. Thus, the machine is capable of machining the piece in a single set up, allowing the tool to cross the steady rest without stopping work. All this results in a considerable saving in additional commissionings and cycle times.
- Reduction in commissioning operations. High productivity.
- High precision and durability.
- Optimum chip evacuation.
- Very good ergonomics and access for the operator.
- Optional integral enclosure. Greater protection and cleaning.
- Multiprocess lathe with milling, grinding, drilling, boring capacity…
- Integrated measurement (optional).
Maintaining and manufacturing wheels, axles and wheelsets require a very specific series of characteristics and performances:
- Great rigidity.
- High productivity.
- Great flexibility (for machining axles, wheelsets, axles with gearbox, axles with brake disc, axles with grease box, etc.).
- High degree of automation in the machining process.
- High degree of automation in the workpiece loading and unloading process.
- Specific, complete, easy-to-use software, predefined cycles, etc.
GURUTZPE’s specific railway models meet even the most stringent requirements of leading railway service providers.